We are looking to trial an advance program as part our daily programming. Basically adding a bunch of extra bits to the strength/Oly/gymnastics program for our advanced members.
A lot of you guys have been around 3+ years, in some cases 7-9 years. I understand and appreciate the need to explain demo and practice movements, for safety. Although we deliver new and refined coaching points each session, I’m thinking if your experienced, that time can be better spent with volume e.g more components in your program.
This program doesn’t mean you won’t be coached, I’m pretty sure we all need guidance.
So what I’m going to trial is a program where:
1. After the warmup those who partake will hook straight into without explanation or demo, like the old assumed knowledge for those who remember.
2. Your coach will get the other group going then coach you.
3. The onus will be on you, read and understand the program and movements and to ensure you are finished and ready for the metcon edp straight after.
So the criteria for those interested.
1. Work to timings without supervision but still coached with the movements.
2. Have a good understanding and safe application of the movements in the program.
3. CrossFitting 1 1/2 + years
This is not about how much you can lift or do, more your experience and ability to self manage and quickly apply coaching advice.
If your unsure if it’s for you please let me know. I’ll make a list of those who are doing the advanced program so that your coaches know.
We don’t want to create an elitist or Comp group or separate our community. The goal is to provide better training program options like we do with w2f.
As usual you won’t be coaching each other and being mindful that community/class that we love being part of.
If you want to be part of the trial group or have any questions, please comment!
Keep adding your results to zen planner so we can see how effective the programming is. Don’t feel like your bragging, more giving feedback so I can tweak our program..
Ric’s Mobility & Yoga or ROMWOD Thursdays 6-640pm
Every second week starting this week will be Ric’s Mobility class, in the alternate weeks and during all Thursday class times we will be running ROMWOD.
FOCUS OF THE WEEK
Core program – We are honing right in on the core activation and midline stabilisation. As you know, a strong core is the key to any fitness program, healthy body and injury prevention. Please pay particular attention to the progressions and subtle changes given.